Sunday, April 27, 2008

Alton Brown's Redemption


These cookies. Oh man.

This is the best recipe I've found for cookies. It more than makes up for the funnel cake puke-fest. I knew Alton Brown wouldn't fail me again.

I ate...an extremely embarrassing amount of these cookies. Extremely. I'm not one to care about eating too much, but seriously...I ate way too many of these cookies. I wouldn't be surprised if I gained about 10 pounds just from the cookies I ate. But that's more because I'm a pig. Not that they weren't amazing, they were. I just have a lack of self-control, thus why I have decided that I'm only allowed to make things for events. Because SERIOUSLY. You have no idea. I ate so many cookies. So many.

The recipe is for plain chocolate chip cookies, but I wanted white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, so I substituted. I got around 2 dozen cookies from the recipe.


Ingredients.
Cookie dough. mmm.
Cookie family.

"The Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookies from Good Eats
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3. Pour the melted butter in the mixer's work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.


1 comment:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

That Alton Brown has the key to my heart!!