Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wah wah waaaaaah.


I had such high hopes for this one. It's all I've been thinking about for 3 days. I'm pretty sure I had dreams about them, too (I was at least thinking about them in that world between awake and asleep that occurs in the morning hours).

I found a recipe for honey madeleines on Williams-Sonoma's website. I don't have a madeleine pan, so I couldn't make madeleines, but I got the genius idea to make cupcakes with the recipe. I was especially excited because I've been wanting to make honey cupcakes for about, forever, and no one has ever made honey cupcakes, according to internet searches.

So I finally made them today. I left them in a little too long, so they were a bit dry. They didn't even taste like honey! I injected some honey into them, but it's hard to inject honey. Honey is sticky and I DON'T LIKE STICKY. I avoid sticky at all costs.

Of course, I also didn't follow the recipe exactly, so I'm sure that has something to do with the failure.

I'm sure this recipe would make wonderful madeleines, but as cupcakes they're just okay. I was disappointed, but I will make honey cupcakes someday.

No comments: