Friday, May 2, 2008

Pound cake



Yesterday I had this big hankerin' to bake something. I'm going to bake cupcakes tomorrow for a potluck at church, so I couldn't make cupcakes. I just made cookies the other day, so no to cookies as well. What else is there to bake? POUND CAKE. I wanted to make a pound cake.

Since there are 50 million recipes for pound cake out there, I decided to just refer to good old Betty Crocker to see what she had to say on the matter.

She told me to make this "Loaf O' Gold" cake. I guess "pound cake" is just too simple for Betty.

The recipe said to just dump everything in the bowl and mix it up, which was weird because I'm so used to creaming the butter and sugar, adding the eggs and vanilla, slowly incorporating the flour and milk, alternating in three and two batches blah blah blah. I liked it. And it only took about 20 minutes to measure and mix and put it in the oven!

An hourish later, I had a pound cake! About half of it was eaten within 30 minutes of it being done.

Oh yeah, the best way to eat pound cake?

YES.
I really freaking love whipped cream.

And sorry for the shadow, it was all stormy and tornado-ing today, and it was dark and impossible to get a nice picture and other excuses.

1 comment:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

You think I could make this recipe as cupcakes???