Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Before I say anything else, OH YES TO AMERICAN IDOL. OH FREAKING YES.
And...those Guitar Hero commercials...WOW. Sorry Archie, I really DID NOT want to see that. It was just too weird. I will probably have nightmares about that.
On the other hand...David Cook's commercial...me-OW. EXCEPT NOT REALLY THAT ONE WAS WEIRD TOO. David Cook's was a little less weird, though, what with him actually being a "sex symbol." Archie in his underwear? No. Just...no.

Okay, I am sorry about that. I just got really excited about American Idol, this was the first time I've watched it, and I don't plan on it doing it again because I think about David Cook waaaay too much. Ha.

Now! This post doesn't really involve baking, but today is my sister's birthday! So last night I made "oreo cakes." I got the idea from a book called Tiny Treats that American Girl has, I've flipped through it at Michaels. What you do is you take two oreos, glue them together with frosting, frost and decorate them as you wish, then stick in the freezer/refrigerator overnight and they come out somewhat mushier and less cookie-like. They pretty much tasted like oreos with frosting (I wonder why???? It's a mystery!) and they were a pain in the butt to frost (it's just awkward...frosting oreos), but they were fun and cute.


Oreo cakes!


The birthday girl!

We went on a picnic then to the zoo, here's a baby gorilla!


And a giraffe!

I still smell like animals. Ew.

No comments: